I am just bananas over bananas! I eat one every single day and banana bread is an absolute favorite in my home. It is great for breakfast in the morning, a teacake or as dessert. I love to have a slice of banana bread toasted with butter while sipping on a hot cup of coffee in the morning. I tell myself it’s dessert and it’s good for me. It has bananas, eggs, nuts and milk… you have to agree with me here!
This recipe calls for 4 medium bananas which might seem like a lot but, that is what gives the bread so much flavor and keeps it moist. I also add pecans or walnuts and chocolate chips. While it is completely optional, I highly recommend adding them.
This bread freezes very well. I cut individual slices, wrap them in plastic wrap and put them in the freezer. Whenever you want to enjoy a slice, just microwave it for about a minute. It is moist and delicious.
Here is how I make it.
- 4 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Beat together sugar and eggs till thick, pale and creamy. About 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drizzle in oil and beat for another minute.
- Add mashed bananas, milk and vanilla. Beat for another minute.
- In another bowl mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder and nutmeg.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture and toss the nuts and chocolate chips in it. This prevents the nuts and chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom of the bread.
- Fold the flour mixture, nuts and chocolate chips into the banana mixture until completely mixed.
- Prepare a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick baking spray or butter and flour. You can also line the pan with parchment paper if you like.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
I have had a banana bread recipe that i used to swear by for years until I tried yours! The texture was dense yet light and it had the perfect balance of flavous. Absolutely fantastic! I plan on trying all your recipes! Keep them coming cause you are going to have a fan following soon!
Thanks Pari. So glad you enjoyed it 🙂
“I couldn’t refrain from commenting. _Perfectly written!”
Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.
Comments are closed.