This homemade granola recipe is super easy to put together and packed with nutrients. It is crunchy, chewy, flavorful and perfect for breakfast or a snack any time of the day.
What I love about this granola is that it is not overly sweet. I have added honey to lightly sweeten it and the rest of the sweetness comes from the apricots and raisins. The cranberries and gogi berries add a slight tartness and a boost of vitamin C. I use almonds and pecans in my granola but feel free to change it up and use any nuts that you like. I have also used gluten-free rolled oats but regular rolled oats are just fine. Also, I love all things coconut so in addition to shredded coconut I have also used coconut oil but you can replace it with regular vegetable oil if you like.
You can have this granola with milk, yogurt, fruit, sprinkle it over a chia seed pudding, add it to muffins or just eat it as is. Here is how I make it…
- 4 cups gluten-free or regular rolled oats
- 2 cups almonds, chopped or sliced
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup flax seed meal
- 1 ½ cups dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup gogi berries
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together oats, almonds, pecans, coconut, coconut oil, honey and vanilla. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes stirring every 10 minutes so that the mixture browns evenly.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and then mix with the rest of the ingredients until everthing is well combined.
- Store in an air tight jar for up to 3 weeks.